CALL FOR PAPERS: ‘Children’s Media Conference’
Sheffield (UK) 4th – 6th July 2012
Deadline for abstracts: 16th March 2012
The research strand of the Children’s Media Conference (CMC) is a crucially important part of this annual event, which attracts over 800 children’s media professionals to Sheffield every year. The content shared during the research sessions is always received favourably by delegates and the strand’s role is to provide insight and thought provoking research to the children’s media community.
The CMC Research Advisory Sub-Committee is delighted to announce this year’s call for papers to be presented at the 2012 Children’s Media Conference between the 4th - 6th July.
The Conference theme for 2012 is “Ahead of the Game”. Not all sessions will address this theme, but all session producers will be asked to consider how they can make their content relevant to it. We welcome submissions on the following themes relating to children aged 0-14 years:
• Co-viewing across any media platform and how it might be changing
• Alternative means of consuming AV content
• Micro-transactions by parents for children
• The speed of intense playground trends and crazes (FADs)
• The connection between learning, play and media
• Explorations of gender preferences
• Explorations of children’s consumption of technology
Submission Process and Deadlines:
1. Please submit a 600-word abstract detailing the research including where appropriate objectives, methods, timings, hypothesis and outcomes.
2. Submit your entry to Kirsty.firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th March 2012.
3. Submissions will be reviewed by the CMC Research Advisory Sub-Committee. The committee members are from a variety of backgrounds; Research industry, academia, client-side and agencies. Successful applicants will be notified by 9th April 2012.
4. If you are selected, research sessions will take place on the Thursday 5th July – through the day, and will all be repeated to maximise their potential audience, on Friday 6th.
Posted on www.marc-armitage.eu/thought-crime.php
April 2014 - 1 article(s)
July 2013 - 1 article(s)
February 2013 - 1 article(s)
January 2013 - 3 article(s)
November 2012 - 2 article(s)
October 2012 - 2 article(s)
September 2012 - 1 article(s)
July 2012 - 1 article(s)
June 2012 - 2 article(s)
May 2012 - 5 article(s)
April 2012 - 2 article(s)
March 2012 - 3 article(s)
February 2012 - 6 article(s)
November 2011 - 1 article(s)
October 2011 - 2 article(s)
September 2011 - 6 article(s)
August 2011 - 9 article(s)
July 2011 - 1 article(s)
May 2011 - 3 article(s)
April 2011 - 12 article(s)
March 2011 - 4 article(s)
February 2011 - 3 article(s)
January 2011 - 1 article(s)
August 2010 - 1 article(s)